Sunday, February 12, 2012

[ TRANSFER #5 COMES TO A CLOSE! ]

Hi family!

안녕하세요! How was everyone's week? Sounds like things were pretty crazy with all the wards splitting and combining in the San Clemente Stake!

So I don't have as much email time today because I am going to play soccer for p-day and it's pretty far away so we have to leave a little early so sorry that it'll be a little shorter. I am pretty excited to go out and play because the weather is nice today and I haven't played any sports other than ping pong in a long time!

Anyways, tonight is transfer calls! Can you believe it! This transfer just flew by huh! I really feel like I just got here. Chances are there won't be any changes in either my area or the zone leaders who we live with. But you never know. I will be pretty nervous come 9:30 tonight!

On Wednesday we had a special mission conference. We the North Asia area president visited us and spoke to us all about missionary work. It was soo good. It just has made me even for fired up about missionary work. It really stressed a sense of urgency. Also spoke about the 4 legs of the table to missionary work. 1) Work, Work, Work!!!! 2) Obedience 3) Language skills 4) Having the Holy Ghost and testifying. It really was so good. I am doing my best to apply these principles to make me the most effective servant of the Lord that I can be.

Yesterday was Stake Conference and i was soo happy with it. All of the talks were so good and so spiritual. I felt like it was just what our ward needed to hear. One returned missionary spoke about how each person is important. Everyone is important to God and helping the work move forward. Another person who spoke was a re-activated less-active who spoke of how he really has seen the blessings that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought into his life. Also our mission president, President Lee, spoke. His talk was about things that members can do to help us missionaries out. He also bragged about us a little which was cool haha. I really love our mission president.

I have kind of a strange story about stake conference. So we were meeting a few of our ward members at our church and there was a random guy who showed up. Apparently he met with the missionaries about a year or two ago. He has a mental disability but he said he wanted to go to church with us. So he just got in the car with us and hung out with us at church all day. He really liked me for some reason haha. He followed me around everywhere. He was a great guy and one who has already received his ticket into God's kingdom.

As I have told you before, President Monson has really been wanting us to do work with the Less-Actives in Korea. So we have a huge binder full of names we have been visiting. Most of the people have moved, have wrong phone numbers, and just end up getting "lost." To be honest it just makes me so frustrated that the ward doesn't do their part with the less actives and leaves it to us. It was something i really didn't like doing. But I was doing it. Anyways, because I was "just doing it" we were able to have a really great experience. We went and knocked on the door of a less active. She answered her little door bell thing (people don't come to the door they talk to you through their video camera). Anyways, when she found out it was us she came and opened the door. she was so nice. They are a family of 4 who was baptized about 5 years ago. Her husband was called as elders quorum president about 2 years ago. He received a lot of criticism from the ward for the job he was doing and it led to him and his families inactivity. Now he is so busy with work it's just hard. So sad. Anyways, she let us share a message on prayer. We shared Alma 37:37 and a part from President Eyring's talk in this month's Liahona. We really were able to touch her. She was standing in front of her door crying. She said that she needs to come back to church. I hope that she and her family will have the strength to come back and enjoy the blessings of attending church and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ again.

Our investigators are doing well. They are progressing slower than we had hoped and they do not have baptismal dates right now but that is ok. I only want them to be baptized if they are committed to live the Gospel for the rest of their lives. I want they to truly be converted. Our investigator Ju has a great fellow shipper in the ward. She is a returned missionary from Toronto Canada. So she took her out to dinner and they are becoming friends. Like president Hinckley said, "Everyone needs a friend."

We got a ward mission leader finally!!!!! He seems to be a really nice guy. Busy but really nice. I guess I'll just say he is super rich too! We ate dinner at his house last night and he lives on the 38th floor of this super nice apartment complex! AWESOME VIEW!

Anyways, I gotta head out. I love you guys all soooo much. I hope you have a great week! Stay safe and happy and healthy. Til next week...


Love,
--
Elder Messick

[ Stream in our area ]



[ Buddist temple ]


[ Overlooking my area ]



[ EMPTY SUBWAY!! ]


[ Soon to be the biggest, widest tower in all Korea ]



[ The Gold apartments. Superrrr Expensive! ]


[ Our local mart burned down!!!! ]


[ Cool shot of a big street in our area. Good ol' busy Korea ]


[ Our huge stake center! ]

1 comment:

  1. That is a very cool Stake Center! And the comment above the Gold Apartments should say VERY EXPENSIVE! :) Sweet!

    ReplyDelete